Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Fellowship Training Program (2022-2024)
The UP-PGH Division of Gastroenterology is currently accepting applicants for its 2-year training program. See poster for more details.
Peter P. Sy, M.D
Mark Anthony A. De Lusong, M.D.
Assistant Division Chief
Head, Section of Advanced Endoscopy
Ruter M. Maralit, M.D.
Ma. Lourdes O. Daez, M.D.
Antonio C. Comia, M.D.
Melflor A. Atienza, M.D.
Janus P. Ong, M.D.
Patricia Anne C. Prodigalidad, M.D.
Angela D. Salvaña, M.D.
Eric B. Yasay, M.D.
Norberto I. Estanislao IV, M.D.
Vanessa Charlene O. Co-Tanco, M.D.
Mara Teresa T. Panlilio, M.D.
Angela V. Djajakusuma, M.D.
Ernesto O. Domingo, M.D.
Inah Jane T. Coronel, M.D.
Chief Fellow – Internals
Joshua Josef R. Torres, M.D.
Chief Fellow – Externals
Adrian Alick L. Bonghanoy, M.D.
John Mark K. Torres, M.D.
Alinda Mae C. Gordola, M.D.
Marc Alison P. Hizon, M.D.
A. Nico Nahar I. Pajes, MD
ADVANCED ENDOSCOPY FELLOWS:
Angela Marie Chang, MD
Maria Andrea M. Vergara, M.D.
Basic and Advanced Endoscopy
Endoscopy services offered through the Central Endoscopy Unit, UP-PGH:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD, Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- Colonoscopy (Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- Enteroscopy (Single Balloon)
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic Hemostasis
- Glue injection
- Complex polypectomy (Endoloop-assisted, EMR, ESD)
- Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)
- Dilation of stricture
- Enteral stenting
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS, Diagnostic and Therapeutic):
- FNA/ FNB
- Celiac Plexus Neurolysis
- Rendezvous Procedure
- Biliary and Gallbladder Drainage
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP, Therapeutic):
- Stone extraction
- Altered anatomy ERCP
- Cholangioscopy/ pancreatoscopy
Direct endoscopic necrosectomy
Objectives of the Training Program
- Clinical Gastroenterology – to develop expertise in the recognition, assessment and management of gastrointestinal diseases. Therefore, a successful trainee must have a thorough background in the theoretical and clinical aspects of the subspecialty.
- Digestive Endoscopy – to provide well-trained and skilled endoscopists throughout the country. This can be achieved through rigid training and optimum supervision by qualified and duly accredited consultants.
- Service – to provide medical services in the field of gastroenterology and digestive endoscopy to the country in general by training physicians who are expected to practice in their respective provinces; and to the institution by providing the optimum services the subspecialty can offer.
- Research – to be the primary institution of GI research in the country
Contact us at:
PGH Trunkline 8554-8400
local 2075 (GI office)
local 3307 (through CENDU)